If you are interested in having your wedding at St. Alphonsus, please contact us as early as possible and prior to making any other arrangements for your marriage. Couples are required by the Archdiocese of Seattle to have at least six months of wedding prep, and a minimum of twelve hours of preparation.
Either the bride or groom (or both) must be a registered member(s) of St. Alphonsus Parish three months prior to the first interview with the pastor and show active participation in the life of the parish: attendance at the Holy Mass; have a talent and treasure card on file with the parish office; financially support the church via envelope or online.
- Contact Lizzy, PA for Administration, in the parish office to establish the prerequisites and set up an interview with the pastor.
- Complete canonical pre-nuptial investigation (couple and two witnesses).
- Take FOCCUS Premarital Inventory.
- Complete a catechesis program in the parish or via the Archdiocesan Retreat Center.
- Complete 1 session with the pastor on liturgy and the rite of marriage.
- Complete Natural Family Planning course (check session times with parish office)
- Couples seeking marriage within the Catholic Church should be actively living their faith by their observance of the precepts of the Church.
- Mixed-marriage couples (one spouse is not Catholic) should consider the precept of the Church whereby the couple agree to raise their children according to the Catholic Church.
- Couples should be striving to live in the state of grace; model chastity as unmarried persons.
Weddings are typically scheduled for Saturday beginning between 1 and 2pm, although weekdays are often available as well if desired. Sundays are not available.
If you have any impediments to marriage (i.e. prior marriages) these must be resolved beforehand and please contact us early as these can take some time.
For weddings at St. Alphonsus Catholic Church, a suggested donation of $350 for parishioners and $500 for non-parishioners is recommended.
Contact Lizzy in the parish office to get more info.