The Schoolwide Learning Expectations (SLEs) are skills and qualities a student of St. Alphonsus will
possess when he or she graduates. Teachers incorporate these SLEs into their lesson plans, instilling in
their students what it means to be a St. Alphonsus Parish School graduate.
A Graduate of St. Alphonsus Parish School will be:
- an active faith-filled person who:
- prays formally and spontaneously.
- exhibits basic knowledge of the Catholic Church teachings.
- participates reverently in the sacramental life of the Church.
- contributes time, talent, and treasure to the community through Christian service.
- a lifelong learner who:
- demonstrates critical and analytical skills.
- demonstrates creative problem-solving skills.
- meets or exceeds grade level expectations in all disciplines.
- creates and evaluates standards for himself/herself in all disciplines.
- a person of integrity who:
- demonstrates accountability for personal behavior.
- acts honestly and fairly.
- chooses to behave in a right and just manner.
- a respectful person who:
- treats people of all cultures and faith traditions with dignity and kindness.
- practices stewardship of all of God’s creation.
- practices conflict resolution through active listening, clear communication and empathy.