St. Alphonsus participates in the Archdiocese of Seattle’s Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) athletics program. Goals of the CYO Athletics program include:
- to increase self confidence and self reliance
- to increase interpersonal competence
- to increase a sense of caring toward others
CYO Athletics is not just a sport development program. At practices, each child receives equal attention regardless of playing ability. Each child who faithfully attends practice is given an opportunity to play in actual games. Coaches and parents accentuate the positive, win or lose. St. Alphonsus Parish School partners with St. John School when participating in the CYO sports program. Volunteers coach all sports. Children from St. Alphonsus Church and students from St. Alphonsus Parish School are encouraged to participate. St. Al/St. John fields teams in the following sports:
|Basketball||4-8||$145 (includes uniform purchase)||Nov-Feb|
|Track & Field||4-8||$35||Apr-May|
St. Al/John CYO has a one stop system to manage all sport programs information, registration details, communication platform, and payment processing called TeamSideline. Please note the following:
- All parents and coaches will perform a one-time account creation for their families and children.
- Coaches/Assistant Coaches/Key Volunteers with kids in the system use the same account as their children to register as a volunteer when sport registrations open.
- Coaches without children will create their own account and volunteer.
- Parents register and pay via credit card/debit for all sport programs.
- Paper registration or cash/check payments are no longer accepted.
Julie Giebel, CYO Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org